We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Nov 13, 2021.
Data we collect
If you decide to create an account and login, we collect the following information:
- username & password (required)
- email address & email preferences (required)
- country / timezone (required)
- ip address & user agent (required)
- profile description / forum signature (optional)
- social media account information (optional)
- gamer IDs (eg, PSN ID, Xbox ID, Nintendo Network ID etc) (optional)
- demographic information such as interests (optional)
- answers to polls, surveys and questionnaire (optional)
- game ratings (optional)
- comments, posts and forum topics (optional)
- liked comments/posts/articles (optional)
What we do with the data we gather
We use this data to understand your needs as a user and provide you with a better, personalized service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests or location.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new content, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have opted into receive them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect.
Cookies are small bits of data stored by your device which are sent back to our server whenever you view a page, typically it’s an identifier so we know who is viewing the page and can display user-specific information such as your username or perform an action on your behalf such as posting a comment.
Without cookies we wouldn’t be able to identify your account and you wouldn’t be able to interact with the page. Different cookies are used for different purposes, often they are purely functional or performance based, for example, so we can see how many unique users are visiting the website. Cookies can also be used to provide targeted advertisements, or tailored advertising based on sites you’ve visited before.
We respect your privacy therefore you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You can choose your cookie settings at any time using the following dialog:
Our website will contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Don’t enter information you do not wish to share with us
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for newsletter purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by updating your account preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Winners may be requested to take part in post competition promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the username, names and location (country) of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless you specify otherwise.
Data relating to competition entrants will be retained for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist us to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries. Data will then be removed from our systems and will not be used for marketing.
On the occasion that a third party, such as the product supplier, advertising agency or PR company who sponsor that competition is to provide prize(s) directly, your contact details and, if applicable mailing address, will be passed to the third party for the sole reason of delivering the prize.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, please contact us by filling in our online contact form.